Monday, October 15, 2012

30 Questions: One Day

Describe a typical day in your current life.

6:30 a.m.
Alarm goes off. I promptly reset it for 15 minutes later.

6:45 a.m.
Reset alarm again.

7:30 a.m.
Finally get out of bed after many reset alarms.

7:35 a.m.
After checking Facebook and Twitter on my phone, I drag myself out of bed to brush my teeth, wash my face, get dressed and put on makeup. Usually, I listen to music while getting ready.

7:55 a.m.
Get in the car and head to work.

8:05 a.m.
Arrive at the office. The first thing I do is fill up my Paris Starbucks mug with tasty Silver Bean coffee (it's the best drip coffee I've ever had, and fortunately, that's what we brew in the office!) then catch up on emails while eating handfuls of Trader Joe's High Fiber O's cereal.

8:30 a.m.
Send out or schedule a couple of mass emails after a few rounds of double-checking.

9:00 a.m.
Proofread some press releases/emails/other documents for other departments. 

9:30 a.m.
Update some web content for an upcoming newsletter.

10:00 a.m.
Compile all stories, links, blurbs, etc. for an upcoming newsletter and send to graphic design to get made into a pretty little HTML document.

10:30 a.m.
Email some athletes regarding quotes and upcoming socials.

Noon
Either head to the Center of Excellence gym for the "Hour of Power" lunchtime workout or, if I forgot to bring food from home or am feeling unmotivated, head out to my car to get lunch somewhere. My usual suspects so far in Park City for lunch: Arby's (if I'm in a rush), Windy Ridge (awesome bakery) or Starbucks. Occasionally, I'll just run back home and eat leftovers.

1:00 p.m.
Catch up on lunchtime emails.

2:00 p.m.
Usually, this time of the afternoon is booked with meetings. These vary from catch-up meetings within my department to brainstorming meetings on upcoming projects with other departments.

4:00 p.m.
Last hour of the workday! I usually spend my final hour of the day following up on projects, wrapping up today's projects and making to-do lists for the next day or two to make sure no projects fall through the cracks.

5:00 p.m.
Work is over! I head to Whole Foods to grab some food for dinner. My favorite right now is their spicy beef chili. After getting food, I might make a stop at the Utah State Liquor Store to pick up a bottle of red wine to go with my chili.

7:00 p.m.
Now that I am fed, it's time to change into pajamas and be lazy. I chat with my roommates, enjoy a glass of wine or a cup of tea and eventually head into my room to chill out.

8:00 p.m.
TV time! I typically catch up on my favorite shows on Netflix or Hulu. So, that means watching Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Grey's Anatomy, Modern Family, The New Normal or any other of the shows that catch my interest!

10:30 p.m.
Off to bed. Gotta be up early!

No comments:

Post a Comment