Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Kickass Brownies

So, tonight as I was sitting here watching The West Wing, I suddenly decided that I needed some chocolate. I wasn't craving straight up chocolate or anything...I wanted some baked goods. Of course, a quick trip to Pinterest gave me plenty of recipes to look at. After perusing a few, I put together the delicious brownie recipe below. It's small enough that you won't have tons leftover, but large enough that 2-3 people could share it if they wanted to. I have dubbed them "kickass brownies."


KICKASS BROWNIES (small portion)

1/4 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/8 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
1 egg
1/4 c. cocoa powder (I used Hershey's because I prefer natural cocoa over Dutch process)
1/8 c. flour
1 t. high quality sea salt (I used Trader Joe's pink Himalayan...this step is super important! The salt makes the brownie!)

Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a small, oven-friendly bowl or pan (I used a ceramic cereal bowl).

Mix butter, sugars and vanilla together. Add egg and mix until well-blended. Add salt, flour and cocoa powder until smooth.

Bake for 25-30 minutes. Middle will still be soft.

Enjoy with ice cream or on its own!

No comments:

Post a Comment