Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Excedrin for Nobel Peace Prize

Whoever invented Excedrin needs to be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.

Yesterday afternoon, I had a migraine. This was one of those throbbing, can't-see-straight, please-turn-off-all-the-lights, I'm-about-to-vomit migraines. Every possible symptom of a migraine was in there. It was like the perfect storm of migraines.

Of course, this happened two days after I decided to take Advil out of my purse, so I was sitting at work feeling like my head was going to implode at any second. And, one hour after work ended for the day, we had our company holiday celebration...aka lots of people and noise (which are just great when you have a migraine!).

Fortunately, my friend Julia and I carpooled to work, so she delivered me home right after work and I downed a glass of water and two extra strength Excedrin, then laid in bed for ten minutes with all the lights off.

Lo and behold, by the time I was arriving at the restaurant less than an hour later, the throbbing was subsiding and I could see without big blurs on everything.

And the holiday party was fantastic :)

Are you listening, Nobel Peace Prize committee??

No comments:

Post a Comment