Thursday, October 6, 2011

"This could be paradise..."

I'm FINALLY updating!  I know it's been awhile, but it's been pretty chaotic settling in.  I went back to Colorado and got all of my things packed up a few weeks ago, and all of those things finally arrived last night.  It was a hectic night of unpacking...and let me tell you, consolidating an entire apartment (even if it was tiny) into a small bedroom is no small task!


I also managed to get out and take the pictures I've been promising since I moved!  I really want to get to the beach late at night one of these nights because there's some algae causing the waves to glow right now.  Night photography is definitely not my forte, but I definitely want to try to capture something cool like glow-in-the-dark waves!  Shouldn't be too hard since I live 2 blocks from the ocean!


Life has been very stressful, but I am finding my niche here in San Diego courtesy of my amazing roommates and coworkers.  It's been a struggle trying to make new friends and figure out how to grow with the older friends who have now become long distance.  It has not been easy at all, and I have not handled myself the best, either. I just have to hope that the friendships I have made are strong enough to last through a few big speed bumps.  As is usual for me, I've found some solace from these stresses in music, particularly Coldplay's new song "Paradise." 

"So lying underneath those stormy skies, she'd say, 'Oh, I know the sun must set to rise.'"

It's sort of an optimistic take on dealing with bad things.  Yes, I might be stressed and dealing with a lot right now (although I have many positives to be grateful for, too), there's a sunrise around the corner.  You just have to stick it out to get there.


I'll post an update on work before too much longer...want to snap some photos around the office before posting on that! But...I am loving the new job!

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment