Sunday, July 31, 2011

On the Road Part II

The other day, I posted about a few of my favorite travel experiences...and here's a few more for you!

 
The Harry Potter Experience

My second trip to the UK was as part of a college class on British literature. We had some classroom stuff before going, then finished up the course by going to the UK and seeing the things we had studied. Being a big Harry Potter fan, my favorite part was seeing a few of the sights from the movie! In Oxford, we went to Christ Church College and got to explore the Great Hall (which also has some Alice in Wonderland connections) and in London, we went to King's Cross and saw the little Platform 9 3/4 area they have set up! 

The Guinness Storehouse

In Dublin, I went on a tour of the Guinness Storehouse. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of beer, the tour itself is exciting and the building is very impressive. It's shaped like the traditional Guinness pint glass, complete with foam on top (the top floor is a bar with floor-to-ceiling glass windows while the rest of the building is dark). They have a ton of interesting exhibits and interactive displays...and now, having been to a few other breweries, it still ranks as number one in my opinion!

The Best Chocolate Shake EVER

Unfortunately, I haven't made it to San Francisco to visit the original Ghirardelli Soda Fountain...but I've been in Chicago and Orlando, and it was, without a doubt, the best ice cream experience of my life. My sister and I lovingly refer to Ghirardelli's chocolate shakes as "Heaven in a Glass." It doesn't matter whether I'm on a health kick or if it  requires a bit of a walk...if there's a Ghirardelli in the neighborhood, I'm going!

Walking Across Monaco

One weekend while I was studying abroad, I took the TGV down to Nice, France, for the weekend with some friends. Since we were only a 5 euro train ride away from Monaco, I opted to go there for a day and walk across the country! It is a gorgeous little country with a very interesting blend of historical and modern. 


No comments:

Post a Comment