Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Birthday

April 28th was my birthday, and it was a great one! Of course, the day began with some Starbucks. Lindsey Vonn popped into Starbucks as Julia and I sat outside enjoying the warm weather, so that was a fun little birthday sighting. After some wandering around in Park City, we decided to head down to Salt Lake for some birthday pastries.


And my, what amazing birthday pastries they were!! Julia found a French bakery inside the Grand American Hotel and I had the best macarons I've had since actually being in France! To top it all off, they had a gorgeous flower-filled courtyard at the hotel where we got to sit and enjoy them.

Seriously...this vanilla macaron was life-changing.


After a quick Olive Garden lunch in SLC (yes, I gave into a chain restaurant - I cannot resist the breadsticks and salad), we headed back up to Park City! 

For dinner, a small group of us headed down to Main St. for dinner at Oishi, my favorite sushi place in town. It was delicious and it was great spending time with good friends! Julia planned an awesome day...it's great having a friend like her around!

So, that's this year's birthday! I'm excited for summer to be here so that I can enjoy some warm weather, get outside to run (although I must say skiing is a much more exciting outdoor activity) and not wear a coat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment