Saturday, May 15, 2010

Step One is Done

My background check is complete!  And all of my paperwork (so far) is submitted to the USOC!

All I have to do now is wait for them to give me my start date!  I was hoping I'd hear before the weekend (my background check finished up on Thursday), but no such luck.  Oh well.  I think it's the Intern Coordinator who tells us our start date, not our actual departmental bosses.  So, that means I probably have to wait for all of the other interns to clear their background checks, too, then we'll all get an email about our start date.  It should be either June 1 or 7...so check back and I'll let you know as soon as I know!

If we start June 1, I'll probably leave Indianapolis around the 28th of May.  I'm guessing my brother Jordan and I will drive straight through when we drive to Colorado Springs, but since neither of us have ever really road tripped that far west before, I want to make sure we have time.  Plus, we have people to stay with in Colorado (Ruth and Steven!  Can't wait to see you guys!), and I'm sure they'll be up to showing us around the city if we're there a few days early!

No comments:

Post a Comment