Saturday, October 4, 2014

Wine at the Line

Happy Saturday!

Last night, my little sister got married! It was a beautiful ceremony and, naturally, we all had a bit too much fun celebrating!

My lovely baby sister!

However, I decided I wanted to do a five-mile race today, so I had to power through the pain. This particular race, Wine at the Line, goes through a winery outside Indianapolis and promises a glass of vino at the finish. Normally, that would be very appealing for me! But, after a night of a few too many drinks, it was...a little less attractive. A few years ago, one of my friends told me that she thought running was the best hangover cure. While I can't say I necessarily agree with that, it definitely wasn't as bad as I was expecting!


Long Sleeve T-shirt: C9 [exact]
T-shirt: C9 [exact]
Tights: Under Armour [exact]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]

After a week of heat and humidity here, a cold front blew through last night and dropped the temperatures down to the 40s. I had only brought along summer running clothes, though, so my mom and I had to make a last minute trip to Target for some extra layers! The pink T-shirt is part of a new line of reflective items at Target. I've been looking for some reflective clothing since it's getting dark earlier, so I didn't mind spending a bit of money on this! I didn't really need another baselayer (I've got tons from living in a ski town for two years!), but I was super grateful for it when the wind picked up at the race! Despite freezing my ass off while waiting for the race to start, my layering ended up being perfect during the race.

Back to San Francisco tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment