Saturday, August 16, 2014

An Exercise in Hills and Dodging Tourists

The weather in San Francisco is amazing today!! In honor of that, I decided to run the Golden Gate Bridge for the first time. I started my run in the Presidio, which meant lots of hills before actually getting to the bridge itself. I'm NOT a fan of hills at all! I very, very rarely actually run them! But, I managed to force myself to do it today, repeated over and over again in my head that I'd get to run down them later.


Once I was actually on the bridge, the challenge became dodging tourists! Despite the fact that the bridge has very clear signs directing pedestrians to one side of the bridge and cyclists to another, lots of cyclists seem to ignore that. People also tend to walk 5-6 people wide, meaning that they're taking up the entire path. As I got towards the middle of the bridge, though, it all thinned out.

On the way back, I had a few really great songs come on and give me the energy to power through to the end. I ended up running 4.5 miles without stopping and did a mile walking for both a warmup and a cooldown...so a grand total of 6.5 miles!


Tank: Old Navy [exact]
Pants: Yogasmoga [exact]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]
Sunglasses: Oakley [exact]

These pictures quite clearly illustrate just how much I need to work on running form!

Now, onto clothes...words cannot express how wonderful these Yogasmoga pants are! I hadn't ever worn them for a longer run, but they seriously did not budge. There was no readjusting whatsoever. They fit perfectly. I supposed my only maybe complaint would be that they're a bit on the warmer side (which is generally a plus in this climate), so if you're in a super hot climate, they may be a bit too much. It's taking a lot of self control to not run out and buy like 10 pairs of these things! 

I may or may not have splurged on some Ben & Jerry's post run...soooo maybe not nailing it on nutrition today like I did on exercising!

No comments:

Post a Comment