Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 in Review: Part 1

2013 is almost over! It's been a busy year for me, mainly with work preparations for the upcoming Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, but there have also been a lot of fun adventures with friends and family! I've got quite a lot to review, so I'll do it in a few parts.

January
The year started off (as it usually does for me...although for in 2014!) in Florida, but I quickly headed from sand to snow and returned to Park City.

 I started skiing pretty regularly in January, so I gave in and bought my first pair of ski boots!

And that purchase was promptly followed by the purchase of my own skis!

Off the snow, I decided to run my first half marathon and opted not to train for it. While not the smartest decision I've ever made, I did, in fact, complete it.

In-N-Out is a must-have post-race. 

Julia and I went to Las Vegas after my half marathon for a bit of sun and fun.

I had my first Sundance Film Festival experience! Julia and I managed to get premiere tickets to A.C.O.D. (starring Adam Scott, Amy Poehler, Jessica Alba, Catherine O'Hara...and even more) despite being on the waiting list and sat in the front row.  

I was just a few feet away from these lovely actors. 

The month wrapped up with the Visa Freestyle International at Deer Valley...a truly wonderful event!

February
I worked at the Sprint U.S. Grand Prix, where I got to watch some amazing athletes do incredible things in the halfpipe, including Shaun White.

And then I got the flu.

 I decided that bangs were a good idea.

 I continued to ski as often as I could.

I explored Park City.

I worked at a skicross/snowboardcross event at the Canyons. 

March
I started volunteering a Furburbia, a wonderful animal shelter in Park City. They take animals from kill shelters and keep them at Furburbia as long as it takes to get them adopted!

 I skied my first black diamond at Deer Valley!

Nigella Lawson tweeted at me.

Yep, more skiing.

 Julia and I got crafty and made a bunch of homemade pizza. My personal favorite combination was ricotta cheese, peppers, garlic and bacon!

I went home for Easter at the end of March and, of course, normal hijinks ensued.


No comments:

Post a Comment