Monday, October 28, 2013

Injuries and Olympics

About a week and a half ago, I found out that I have a stress fracture in my foot. That means no more running for 6-8 weeks. Despite my somewhat love-hate relationship with running in the past, I miss it! There's nothing quite like being told you can't do something to make you want to do it!


So, this lovely boot is my latest accessory. I had a follow up appointment this morning and it looks like I'll be wearing it for another 2-4 weeks. At least it'll be ski season by the time I'm out of it!

This weekend, the 2013-14 season kicked off with the first alpine World Cup in Soelden, Austria. The U.S. did pretty well, with Ted Ligety winning for the men and Mikaela Shiffrin claiming a career-best sixth for the women. It's kind of crazy to think that it's already season again! We've been working our butts off all summer at work to prepare for this and it's here!

On a related note, I leave for Russia in 98 days.


I'm so excited to watch these athletes I work with every day compete in Russia! I'm also slightly terrified of all of the crazy things that will inevitable come up between now and then! Part of why I love working in sports so much is the crazy, terrifying lead up to these events. You work insane hours and pour your heart into everything, but it's all worth it. It's so cool to sit there watching athletes walking in during Opening Ceremony knowing that you played a role in getting them there. 

As one of my colleagues recently said at a conference, "We all work for the Olympics. How cool is that?!"

The answer? It's really, really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment